Wednesday 27 March 2019

Debating Brexit!

Today is obviously going to be interesting. I don’t think I can watch the parliamentary goings on all day...but I will certainly see some of it. The news app on my iPad signals what’s happening in the government . By clicking on a link I am transported into a parliamentary debate.
I can even join in if I want . I am requested to comment and if I do the words go onto the screen. Magic.
Replies also appear like magic. It is very weird.
I don’t know if this is a new thing , I’ve never seen it before but then I’ve never been so involved in what’s happening in Parliament before via the magic of the internet.
This morning I had an email in reply to the petition I supported telling me that the government will not revoke article 50.
It’s a long read. But they are sticking to their position.
I imagine the reply was not the work of Mrs May. She has obviously much better ways of spending her time before getting her deal through Parliament.
The weird thing is that those who opposed it and like Boris even resigned his position over it now seem to be softening their stance on it.
Several propositions are cluttering up the airways right now. Nothing looks obvious for getting through the day.
As I type I am being informed that European leaders are also joining in the debate...
The ease of modern communication is actually making the situation more complicated than it should be.
Do we stay or do we go? There’s a song there somewhere...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

To be honest I can't be bothered to t watch any Parliamentary business as it is so disheartening to see our Parliament so divided an d mixed up about leaving the EU.

And the DUP, instead of honouring the agreement are holding the government to Ransom over the back stop.

Perhaps its time to allow the union too break and to leave them to fend for themselves - it is no more than they deserve. Given hundreds of millions of pounds, and they can't even form a government in the province, why are they allowed to dictate what happens for the rest of the country?