Monday 21 October 2019

Missing a towel! 

Home safely yesterday I started the unpacking process and then stopped.  I did get the cases upstairs but there they are on the bed. Still packed. Other things had taken my attention! Not least the disappearance of a large bath towel in the bathroom.  A small thing this but it took up far more of my time than I needed...instead of unpacking I was chasing a mystery, only a small one it’s true but one that sat badly with me. A very large bath towel was not where I’d left it, over the side of the bath.  I started to search the house....it was much too big to be hidden anywhere...

But in the end I rang my cleaner and yes she had taken it home to wash it! This did not sit well with me. I had washed it just before going away and had dried it in the sunshine so that it smelt sweet. So why had she removed it? 

This mystery sat badly with me..And indeed is still there this morning.  

It’s only a bath towel.   But it’s a huge very  expensive one bought in London before I moved house to Cornwall.  It’s bright colours look lovely against the whiteness of the porcelain bath. 

Waking this morning it is still the first thing I thought about.    I have no idea why....but I want it back.  Coming back from a cruise I always enjoy wandering around the house, and checking that all is it should be.  Yesterday it wasn’t.   So I’m puzzled and a little upset, which is ridiculous. 

This morning unpacking will take up most of my time. I booked a grocery  delivery for  this morning too, so all will be well....and hopefully my bath towel will come home soon too.   Fingers crossed! 

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Perhaps your cleaner had a bath herself and took the offending evidence with her? Alternatively, she might have thought it needed washing, despite smelling of fresh air?

Toyah Wilcox used to sing "Its a Mystery" and you came home to one.

Welcome Home.