Monday 21 October 2019

Moving on and back. 

Oh dear...the number of calls to tell me things I’ve forgotten are proliferating.   As I can’t do anything about my car insurance or anything else from here it will all have to wait another week till I get home. 

I am meeting some very interesting people including yesterday a man planning to donate his boat to the rescue services in Cornwall.  We have exchanged email addresses.

   Today we are in Lanzaroti. It’s the last of our tropical trips and I’m not going ashore...again. These popular resorts are all much the same...the same shops, selling the same stuff . Which I don’t need. 

I have made friends en route...all lovely people but I haven’t been off the boat!  When we got to Madeira it was raining... the sun has shone ever since...lots of people are going home very well tanned.   I’m not..I have learned to stay out of the sun.  One brush with skin cancer was enough..

I’m not as miserable as I sound but I am delighted to be making for home tomorrow. In the old days two weeks of sun would have been a great pleasure...but once you’ve had a touch of skin cancer it all changes....I’m not volunteering for another one. 

Poor old thing I can hear you saying....but really all of this is my own fault....I just forgot when I booked it that it took energy to tackle the fun filled , sun filled resorts....and a spirit of adventure sadly lacking these days.  

So after today we will turn around and start heading back to the UK ...  WONDERFUL,   



1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Good idea to stay out of the sun. But you haven't lost your sense of adventure, or you wouldn't have embarked on a cruise.

You have met new people and made friends, which is a bonus.

I am responding to this, after your home post, so it will appear a little out of date.

But, welcome home.