Friday 22 November 2019

Oh dear! 

I’m getting dull.   This has become apparent over the last week.  I don’t feel dull but I obviously am. How do I know? Because my figures are dropping! 

I only look at the statistics available for my blog occasionally so it was a bit of a shock yesterday to see the much smaller figures than I’ve been used to......so clearly I’ve started to be dull and boring...Not words I want attached to these few deliberations I put out most mornings. 

I blog on whatever sits in my brain when I wake up so clearly not much is going on up there just now.

  I know I lost many regulars when on my last cruise I was unable to post every morning like I do when I’m at home....so habit plays a large part in this. 

Another cruise is coming up.  I would hate to be at home over Christmas and I’m off again in December.   After that we shall see.  Travelling the world is a great joy most of the time but I have to admit that after the Christmas cruise I  am contemplating staying put for a while...

Living here in Cornwall is wonderful.  And beautiful.  I love my home and I intend to spend more time in it. If I need a touch of opulence we have some glorious hotels quite close to where I live...

Everyone here looks shocked when I tell them that I may go and stay in one of our beautiful hotels occasionally when I need a little luxury. 

But that is certainly an option.  Even the very expensive hotels don’t add up to what I pay for a cruise...so maybe that’s a way I can explore after I’ve been away for a month soon. The next cruise is approaching...but not till we are approaching the festive season...

Christmas afloat is lovely. 




2 comments:

Bob Collis said...

Keep om blogging Jean.
I read yours every day if I can.

Dull? Boring?
No.

Interesting?
Yes.

Stimulating?
Often.

UKViewer said...

Not dull, but bright and sensible.

Your writing about the sometimes mundane aspects of your life is a relief for some of us who are too busy, and I am one of those, self inflicted because I love what I do in ministry and just meeting people.

Yesterday evening nearly 400 people attended the opening of the Christmas Lights in our Urban Village, which started for the first time ever of the lights on the tree at our parish Church. We had two choirs present to sing and also hosted people with mulled wine and mince pies and hot chocolate (it was a cold night to be out). Today we have our Christmas Fayre with both Church and Hall having stalls. The theme is Victorian and I among others will be dressed up for the event. Local shops join in, particularly the Coop, which provides refreshments, free of charge. We are blessed in having a village atmosphere here, despite being part of an outer London borough and many in the local community have family connections with the parish church, going back to its foundation 170 years ago.