Thursday 14 November 2019

Sleep Boxing! 

I have woken up this morning to find that I have two black eyes! I haven’t been fighting in my sleep....and  I did sleep very well but there they are..two dark circles around my eyes! 

On a previous occasion  I did wake up with one black eye...but it was on a travelling day when I get picked up at seven am and are  then  transported from Cornwall to Southampton to get onto a cruise ship.  That black eye didn’t last long...a couple of days but I don’t know how it got there  in the  first place! 

The same thing  holds good for this pair of "shiners"   As if that’s not annoying enough, this is the weekend for the music festival.  I will see lots of old friends...which is usually good but what they will make of my present appearance I shudder to think! 

This is very annoying!   How can you get black eyes by lying in bed? Even if I’d had a bad dream I couldn’t have walloped myself in my sleep!  

The good thing is that several of my old friends who will arrive this weekend have medical backgrounds, two doctors, a senior nurse and a dentist!  One of them may have a clue as to how anyone can go to bed OK and wake up looking  as though they  have  done several rounds with Mohammad Ali!   Life just gets seriously weird when you become old!   

I could try a prayer....but I really can’t imagine my asking God to rid myself of my black eyes!    Oh well....I look as though I live a colourful life right now.   Shame it’s not true!

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

I wonder if you might have fallen out of bed and not remembered?

I have never heard of a mature lady develop two black eyes overnight, but perhaps you are pretty special. One of your medical friends might write up the case notes for the lancet magazine :)

Revjeanrolt said...

I am told by a friend who was a doctor once that it can happen occasionally often as an allergic reaction to something! Mmmm. Thinking about that one!

UKViewer said...

It might be feather pillows? I know my spouse is allergic to them, so has to have artificial products.

I hope your shiner's are now fading.