Friday 6 December 2019

Bah. Humbug.

Well I’m up, dressed and moving before eight o’clock this morning. I have slept well. But today my gardener arrives at eight o’clock and I need to have clothes on...before I settle down to work out how much I will owe him for the work done whilst I’m away. This used to be more of a problem when he didn’t have a bank account....now that he does I can write him a cheque, once I’ve worked out how many times he’ll be here whilst I’m away.
This afternoon I am spending some time with my friend in the next village who used to drive herself to Devon every Christmas to be with her family...but this was such a terrifying prospect that they now elect to come and get her!
Getting up before eight was made easier this morning on hearing the dulcet tone of Gove holding forth yet again on the radio. Does he have a camp bed in broadcasting house somewhere to be always available?
My packings not going well, I can find no enthusiasm at all for it...Next year if I’m still here a good local hotel looks like a good substitute but right now trying to decide what to put into the suitcase, ready and waiting but mostly still empty is the problem.
I am enjoying much of the electioneering. I don’t mind it being just before Christmas, I just don’t want Boris playing Father Christmas for another five years. I really wish the Labour Party had a more realistic prospect to think about. I will get out to vote no matter how pushed for time I am..but it’s looking green again for me even though I know there’s no chance of them getting in!
Bah humbug!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Glad you are continuing to prepare yous escape route, even if a bit slower than usual. But being woken by Senor Gove isn't my idea of a good start to any day, let alone today.

I think that a Green vote is never wasted, particularly if you can cut out the paper bit and just press a finger print onto a screen. But that is for more advanced countries, such as Afghanistan, not the UK.

Essential packing is obviously 31 ball gowns for 31 nights on the razz, underwear and night shirts or very large T Shirts.