Sunday 8 December 2019

Gremlins.?

Yet again I have had a struggle to blog this morning.  Gremlins seem to be around...I have closed my other iPad down for the moment.  Every time I am asked for proof that I am indeed who I think I am a whole assortment of gobbledegook appears....that I am staying reasonably sane through all this is questionable right now!
I am going out to lunch today with a very old friend  in the next village.  Last time we sat outside looking out to sea and reflecting.  At the moment the wind blows but it’s dry....however sitting outside does not look like a good idea!
The village that I used to live in is full of old friends, all stopping by to chat as we eat.  We shall both enjoy this...but first I need to sort out several things, not least using my cards whilst I’m away...I have written down the new pin which I know is a bad idea but at least it gives my poor old brain a rest!
So today is the first real test...using it in a pub where everyone knows me means that if I fail they will make allowances for the poor old dear!
I now take my cheque book out with me so I can use that if all,else fails.
Honestly passwords for everything these days really is becoming a real problem, especially when they get changed so often!
Tomorrow I start packing in earnest...moving stuff downstairs to what was my husbands office.  At the same time I will attempt to start writing Christmas cards...at least they don’t need a bleeping password.    Yet!

2 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

I regret to say that my friend has flu so none of our plans for today will happen. She will cough quietly at home whilst I try to sort out all the various oddities that have appeared on my blog... oh dear!

UKViewer said...

Passwords can be awkward and I am continually urged to upgrade my internet security. Which these days is needing one, two or even three layers of security, a password isn't enough it seems.

One particular site wants to send me a text to my mobile before I do anything, which means sharing one or more numbers with them. I decline and remove my custom.

I know that you shouldn't write down passwords or pin numbers, but sometimes we do forget, momentarily and are locked out of an account. I haven't yet had to resort to carrying a cheque book, but how long before cheques without another form of identification (or even two or three) will be required before you write one. They have removed the cheque guarantee number which you to have on your card, so in fact, those accepting cheques do it on trust with no guarantee of you actually being, who you say you are. (you many recall my stolen cheque book a few years ago and the palaver with the bank over the presented and paid cheque (over christmas) which cleared my bank account). So, I rarely use cheques these days, although I sometimes receive them to be paid in.

I feel for those without a bank account or a credit card, who rely on cash, which is now becoming a rarity, without travel for some distance, due to the removal of cash points and of businesses who only want a card. Our busses no longer take cash for a fare, making it even more difficult for the low paid or poor.

Bah Humbug is I suppose the appropriate response.