Monday 24 February 2020

Carry on itching!

I didn’t go out yesterday. I will probably not go out today. But tomorrow I have an appointment at the doctors. It’s only a normal blood pressure check but it’s a start...the red patches on my face could not be hidden if I tried. I have not slept well but that’s becoming normal now. The weather is absolutely dreadful. High wind and rain..so at some stage I need to go out and start my car...I do need it to get me out in the morning. During the night I have had some dreadful thoughts, none of them worth repeating but the bottom line for everything is old age. That’s something I can’t change...so what ever it is that ails me I seem to be stuck with it. I do look dreadful. Me and my mirror are in complete agreement on that score. But as I keep telling myself what do I expect at my age? Lots of people of my years have far worse afflictions. So on we go...me and my alter ago. My cleaner can’t get here today so there’s no one to shock.....but I have this memory that as a young girl if I was caught scratching my grandma used to make me sit on my hands! It did work for a little girl but not for a busy old woman...sit on my hands indeed...I couldn’t type! Or play daft games...so...on we go. Lots to attend to and no one around to see me! Perfect!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Sorry that you are still suffering from the itching. Surely the Doctor or Nurse will comment on it, and perhaps be able to suggest some investigations that might get to the root of the itch - or appropriate treatment to resolve it.

Prayers as you scratch, or alternatively, perhaps get some mittens to wear in bed to stop your nails irritating your itch.