Tuesday 25 February 2020

Better!

My plan to stay quietly at home came to nothing yesterday. It was in fact a busy day, starting with the conversation with the doctor when I rang the surgery. I was just explaining my predicament to the nurse on reception when another voice took over the conversation. It turned out to be a new doctor I didn’t know existed. To say he was helpful is an understatement. He organised both mysel and the pharmacy in the village. All I had to do was get down there, pick up some new tablets and start a new course. By this time I would have agreed to anything so I started my car, drove to the village and got some new tablets safely home. Having taken the prescription I have slept soundly for the first time in years...No itching or scratching! So this morning I have an appointment with the new doctor whose name I don’t remember. It’s sunny outside , the drive to the next village is easy and all is well, more or less with the world again. Thank goodness! I didn’t know the old doctor had gone....I keep my visits to the surgery as few as possible...but I shall take some pleasure in shaking the new ones hand. ......if I can remember his name!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Good news that a new Doctor has arrived and has taken you problem in hand.

And good news that the medication has worked.

Thankful for the NHS indeed.

We had a new GP in our practice last year, who took my spouses illness seriously and did a lot to ease her mind about the A&E diagnosis of Heart Failure. It was an infection which affected her lung capacity, which than affected her heart working properly. Avoid infections was the clue.

Since than, she has had two infections which were dealt with swiftly and we thank God for this Doctor as well. We can't say that say about previous doctors who had failed to follow up her infection properly, so she ended up in A&E.