Wednesday 26 February 2020

Interesting times!

My reports of being much better were actually not quite right. As yesterday progressed so did my skin problem. The cream and tablets do help but the problem continues I’m afraid. I’m discouraging people from coming to see me just in case I am infectious. It was a question no one could answer yesterday. But here I am safe and mostly comfortable. Since getting the tablets I am now able to sleep and this is wonderful because I don’t feel sick or wobbly. I just look dreadful. One small problem is that I am warned not to drink alcohol whilst taking the tablets so I can’t even have a small scotch to go to bed with! This I now find has become an engrained habit...oh dear! But st my age it seems unlikely that I have time to become an alcoholic. I have now had a good nights sleep and this makes a massive difference to my mental approach to my present life. Listening to the news my problems are as nothing compared to those whose homes are flooded or are in danger of this calamity. I’m sorry my blog has descended to the depth of my moaning. I have been in touch with friends up country whose homes are either flooded or in danger of it...they are in real danger and every day has been a battle against the elements. Keeping their homes dry is much worse than keeping my skin clear! I’m not making any plans at all just now. I am waiting to see how my problem goes..hopefully goes away but as yet this is just a wish... Strange times we are living in. But it’s still better than the alternative!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I am glad that you are sleeping well.

Obviously you need to give the meds time to work, but if after a few days, they don't work, you might need to visit the doctor to see if there is any alternative.

I suffer occasional blotches down to a form of skin condition, which is covered here https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323186. I am given cream when needed, but it comes and goes sporadically. I am told that being stressed can cause it. So, I hope that you are not too stressed.