Friday 28 February 2020

Infectious?

Well.....it’s Friday...I checked. This morning my gardener arrived and started work on something....I haven’t been out to look., I have a visitor arriving at some stage. and I’m feeling very anti social! I would normally take my gardener his tea and bun out and sit with him somewhere, making sure he picks up the folded notes under his saucer! I also have an old friend arriving...but I’m not sure when. I know about my visitor because it’s in my diary! If I write everything down I can’t forget things...in theory! My appearance is not good...I itch. My face is decidedly spotty! It’s not catching...I have had this condition for years...but it doesn’t look good. I really don’t want to discuss my health problems or indeed anyone else’s just now though..... My inclination is to simply hide. But I can’t. I have been particularly dozy on this occasion . One other person here is bad enough but two arriving on the same morning is daft. The news that I’m not feeling too well doesnt help either...this bug doing the rounds is apparently very easily picked up! As I haven’t gone far in the last week it should all be fine. But it explains my recent visit to the doctors...no one sitting in the waiting room...the poor man must be out visiting all day. I hope we are all getting over anxious about catching the current bug. At my age it’s only a matter of time.. But until that moment arrives I just carry on..like everyone else. I am not as doom laden as I sound. When my friend turns up we shall have a good laugh..sitting far enough away from each other not to catch anything!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I was moved when you wrote about David in photographs kneeling in prayer.

Sometimes old pictures can do that for us, particularly if they are off someone we have loved and lost. When I look at pictures of our wedding, over 30 years ago, my younger sister who died two years ago of Dementia related causes is there, full of life, with her husband and than young children.

The bring back memories of her kindness to me at the time my previous marriage broke down, offering hospitality unstintingly at a emotional time for me. The sadness was that when she was ill, she recognised nobody of her family, even her husband or children.

Dementia is cruel and a final sentence on the life of those who suffer from it.