Thursday 20 February 2020

Still half asleep!

Gosh I look bad. When I got up and saw myself in the mirror I was actually shocked by my appearance. I don’t look good. Waking late I realised that sleep had evaded me last night. There were just too many things to think about. Halfway through the night I was up and moving around the house like a demented ghost. But the reason sleep was hard to come by was that I itched. When you are awake it’s easy to remember not to scratch the itch but when you are mostly asleep trying to kill the itch is the normal thing to do. My face itched and I spent long periods last night not scratching it. So this morning was the day of reckoning. Yes my skin is bright red. It would look better if it was red all over but it’s not. Patches of itchy skin are not good either for my complexion or my thought processes. There is nothing I can do about it. During the night I had applied an ointment which was for something quite different. I can’t remember what but it obviously did the trick.. I slept...eventually. Outside it’s quiet...no rain, no wind....shhhh . This period of my life like everyone else’s is not good. But I must try to go about my daily life without frightening the horses...well at least the gardener who will arrive later. its a hard life if you don’t weaken!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Sometimes Calomine lotion helps with itchy skin.

But scratching an itch on the face is easy, I seem to get them on my lower back, given I have permanently prolapsed lumbar discs, it might be connected, but it doesn't help knowing the cause. That Darn itch needs me to reach around in a twisting fashion, which does my back no end of harm.

So, I get the spouse to slap on the lotion, which smells as well, meaning a bath first thing to get rid of that odour, which everyone will know and sniff.