Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Starvation?
Well. OK.....I have reached the conclusion that I will probably not survive this extraordinary time. I have done my shopping on line for years.. yesterday I was not able to book a delivery to arrive promptly. The first date is over a month away so food is going to be a problem....I should remain safe from actually catching a bug....but after a couple of weeks I’ll be living on fresh air....I have considered booking myself into a hotel for a month...I have even wondered whether a cruise could be possible...
Nothing makes any sort of sense...I do have some dried food to reconstitute but not enough to keep me alive for very long. The thought of starving to death is far worse than contracting this illness. So I’m obviously feeling gloomy right now..about my future life. Fortunately I am plump....I can live on my own fat for a while..
If this sounds gloomy I apologise....it’s hard to be cheerful whilst I wait for starvation to set it. I reckon my dried food will last for about a month... if I don’t eat much! Telling us old people to stay at home does make sense but there are better ways of dying than slowly starving to death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You must know someone locally who could help with the shopping.
Perhaps from the church or the village.
Stay well.
Keep going.
Following several phone calls and tweets I realise that i was much too down hearted this morning. I am of course not going to starve to death....that was meant to be a joke... the situation isn’t good here....I’ve finally fixed a delivery for a week on Monday . But there is food in the house that I can either defrost or add to water.... some dried stuff can be soaked overnight..so I’m definitely not going to starve...I may have a very odd diet for a while but I am not in any danger! Sorry if I was over dramatic earlier,,,,I will survive...honestly...
Great.
You would be sorely missed.
Gather ye rosebuds whilst you may - - -
Post a Comment