Sunday 29 March 2020

Sunday lunch?

Well...this is a very different Sunday. No church services anywhere. So nothing to feel guilty about! There’s not much to feel happy about either...on Sunday I often drove over to the next village where I walked with a friend along the beach to the pub. This is not going to happen today. I will talk to my friend on the phone...but outings to the pub are now a thing of the past. I may drive my car out...but even that is one of the activities we are not supposed to do any more. I am fine here on my own. Even on self isolation I can walk miles around my big garden. It finally hit me last night. I am going to get used to being hungry. As are we all at various times. I have a grocery delivery next weekend, after which who knows but when I added some items to it yesterday other items were taken off. So be it...I can make a pasta dish today...with tomato sauce and a small amount of cheese! Given what’s in my pantry that could become a basic diet ingredient. I’m glad there’s only one of me. I can imagine the look of horror on David’s face being served with spaghetti on Sunday. Roasts have not been served for years...there’s no point on your own...I am sorry to be so negative...who ever could have imagined this present situation. At my age it really doesn’t matter at all....it’s just getting used to a very different was of life...
Compared to many I am lucky...the sun is shining on a glorious view...I must now do what my granny always told me....count my blessings....and they are many...thank you God....I think.....
PS. I can’t publish any of the replies right now...once again it’s a password issue! Arghhhhh!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

That is the issue of online shopping.In normal times it works well, but at times like this is doesn't.

I hope you are able to find a local shop of some sort open and stocked up to allow you to get the essentials.

Revjeanrolt said...

If anyone out there is looking for my blog I am sorry....I am trying but this dammed password has defeated me. arghhhhh!. I wrote the last sentence in bed.....I am now using my main computer downstairs and am not certain I can do it....we shall see!