Wednesday 1 April 2020

Carrying on!

No good news anywhere it seems. Last night I had a text from one of my best friends who had been upset by a careless remark from a neighbour about her recently deceased husband. Normally I would have got my car out to go and see her...but I am self isolating...so I don’t even want to invite her to come here...so my phone bill is clearly going up...radically.....I don’t think the person making the remark meant it to be unkind..but it hurt. So we all have to be careful just now not to cause unnecessary suffering. A newly widowed person is going to be very easily upset obviously. I suspect that we are all suffering in the same way during this weird period . I am one of the lucky ones, having a huge garden to walk round several times a day. As I walk I hear people on the cliff path chatting as they go. This gives me the reassurance that I’m not completely alone in the world and I sometime have to stop myself joining in as they go but it would startle them obviously to hear a disembodied voice coming from no where. It’s a strange time we are living through...one that no one could have forecast just a couple of weeks ago. I am finding that I don’t mind being alone...so far. The biggest problem feels as though I might be hungry at some stage...I have a delivery coming next week but I have had to defrost stuff in order to keep going till then. So I need to be better organised obviously. Getting on with life in it’s changed form is the only option clearly so I’d better get on with it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: