Thursday 2 April 2020

Going out!

I went out yesterday so I can no longer claim to be tackling this on my own...in the late afternoon I saw an item on Facebook about two young men in the village setting up a stall. The stall looked well stocked. I jumped into my car and drove down to the village. Our normally bustling village was silent.. no one else was there! I walked to the shops I had seen in the morning and there was an outside stall open . I walked in and was quietly asked to leave. There was already someone in and they had a one person at a time rule. I waited quietly till I was allowed in. They had fresh fruit and vegetables, some pasties and bottles of booze. I brought home extra bits and pieces, including a Cornish pasty for my supper! Driving home I marvelled at how this trip had lifted my spirits. We had exchanged several words....I knew the young mans mother..Driving home I felt so much better..even though I’d broken my own rule. I will not go again probably...but it depends on what I’ve got to eat! It was what happened after I’d shopped that worried me. Leaving the stall with a full bag I looked for my car. It wasn’t where I expected it be! Slight panic set in as I looked around the deserted car park. Eventually I realised that I’d parked in a place I’d never used before because I’d found it empty for the first time ever. I drove home cross with myself but pleased that I had a fresh pasty for supper. Apart from the young man running the stall I had seen no other human! That says everything...we are all staying at home! I will probably not do it again.....but that depends on how hungry I get !


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: