Friday 3 April 2020

Come on chaps!

Sorry if this is getting boring..but we are living in scary times so a bit of boring might be the best thing. Yesterday my gardener turned up as always and usually I take him a cuppa and a bun whilst we sit in my summer house and have a natter. Yesterday I took him out a tray.....left it half way up the garden for him and shouted my apologies. He grinned at me...found the notes I’d left under his cup and went to sit alone... I know of no one locally who has been caught by this dreadful virus but I did look at the map I found on line. Yesterday only seven people had died in Cornwall but it’s only a matter of time now I suppose...it’s a highly successful little bug...travelling the world at high speed. It would be very easy to read dreadful reasons why so many of us are living weird lives on our own just now. I’m starting to run out of fresh food but I have dried stuff that will get me through to the next Tesco shop which isn’t until next week! Spending time out in my garden is lovely as all the trees are bursting into leaf and glorious beauty. There’s nothing to eat up there in early Spring , it’s just food for the soul....and right now my soul could do with a bit of encouragement. For the entire world to be struck down in this way is unbelievable. Yet it’s happening....all over the world apparently. I am resisting finding any moral implications here. I don’t believe it to be a punishment even though it may feel like that. The birth of a deadly virus feels more like bad luck than an act of God. But we could do with a bit of encouragement and hope just now. Come on Lord! Do your best!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

I got this through yesterday but so far today it’s not letting me post. But I am fine....I hope to do better in the future.

Revjeanrolt said...

I don’t seem able to post so I just want to reassure everyone that I’m perfectly well....I don’t know why I can’t post properly. But I’ll try various things to see. ......