Sunday 5 April 2020

Palm Sunday.

It does not feel like Palm Sunday..but then it doesn’t feel like anything apart from the real need to be on my own. It’s not just keeping my bugs to myself...it’s the need to pray....to keep Holy Week holy...I can do this on my own if I have to . On my iPad are some wonderful photographs of David carrying the cross on Good Friday...we started a new occasion by erecting the heavy wooden cross in the harbour and singing with a crowd of over fifty people . The memories that will take me through Holy Week are precious ones...but I won’t be sad most of the time...Easter has never been the same since David died...tears are always close to the surface...and the Timehop app on my iPad bring back wonderful memories...all sad right now I’m afraid. My daughters funeral the day before Palm Sunday started the sadness every year afterwards...I used to try very hard to keep a good Easter...especially during the services packed with visitors who did not need to see my tears... Now some how in this period of restrictions it feels appropriate to be alone...not to weep , but to remember all the good times. The road outside the house is very quiet...there’s nothing moving just yet. So on this, the start of Holy Week I can walk around my garden singing if I want to...and I may...The peace of the Lord be always with you. Xxxx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

And also with you Jean.
I "attend" church online during this period and am used to the isolation by now.
Haven't been out since 18th March.
Take care and stay safe

UKViewer said...

Good that you are able to remember to overcome grief.

At the time of Palm Sunday and passion tide, we will be celebrating HC online with the ability to wave palms at a camera (if we wish too) joining in with the Vicar and family.

This week, we have three reflective sessions of Stations of the Cross, again online, in place of Compline. Not sure how many will support it, but I certainly will. Our Diocese has issued resources for prayer and personal devotions, which can be used individually or by the whole family at home.

Bricks and Mortar churches are out of bounds, but Christ will have his last supper, suffer, be crucified and die on the cross, but gloriously, be resurrected on the Sabbath next.

Much to proclaim, must to pray for, much to reflect on to take our minds of the deadly virus currently plaguing the whole world.