Tuesday 7 April 2020

Kind thoughts!

Kindness still lives in this village. Someone reading yesterday’s blog saw that I was out of bread and milk. The man contacted me last night and says that he will leave both items on my doorstep this morning! Words almost failed me at that point. It is so kind. The bare basics of diet will be very welcome. I will not open the door...until I know he’s gone. I have defrosted several things overnight...so I won’t go hungry...or thirsty...and I’m getting used to my own company....it’s not a problem. I talk to myself sometimes as I go...I don’t always make sense but I reassure myself that the voice still works. Staying in touch is much easier now that I can chat on my iPad...it does make a difference. Yesterday for instance I was contacted by someone I’ve known since she was a little girl. She doesn’t live here but has a second home .....and spends several months here...she tells me that during this period when they can’t come they are thinking about me living here, safe and mostly sound. The goodwill evident around me is wonderful and I hope is now echoed throughout the land...looking after each other is an essential test of our common humanity...thank you God for this and all our blessings.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

That is good news, and it demonstrates that your blog, which has a global reach, also has a local audience who share your thoughts and ramblings along side the rest of us.

I know that our neighbours have offered to help us, we have thanked them but declined for now. I can walk 100 yards up the street to the corner shop, which has all that we need. This morning I managed to secure six eggs, which we haven't been able to get either online, through our milkman or in supermarkets for weeks. A small triumph, but worthwhile.

I also get a newspaper, while we have news on tv and social media, I and my spouse prefer to have a news paper, which once read, can line the cat litter trays.

I'm praying for you today as every day. Keep safe, and keep blogging.