Tuesday 2 June 2020

Violence

Oh dear. Oh hell. What is happening all over the world is appalling. But what is happening in America is just so dreadful that it adds to the general feeling of horror. Instead of waking up and listening to the now normal news of lockdown we are hearing of violence and of horror in America. Mr Trump seemed to just wash his hands of it all but so many angry people close to the White House must have been frightening. What a world we are now living in. I pray that in this country we do not experience anything similar to the violence in America. Last night before I came to bed I watched the latest film from the USA to see masses of people intent on voicing their anger. I actually wept when the film moved to Boston. Boston, my favourite city in the USA...had joined in the anger. this was incredible...mostly because it’s the city nearest in spirit to our big cities here in Britain. The anger was very frightening. And I remained awake for a long time listening to the radio and hearing nothing that made anything any better. Here in this country we are waiting...just waiting to hear that anything can go back to normal. I fear for us.I fear for all of those over the Atlantic. Violence is very frightening...and I pray it never happens here...but when people feel desperate anything can happen. So stay calm...to be an onlooker of all this is hard but prayer is all I can offer. Please let the violence be over now...the boil lanced last night. Please Lord.

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

It is a sad reflection on the culture of the supposedly greatest Nation on Earth, that racisism is so prevalent. We can only spectate, but demonstrations across the word are taking place, hopefully peacefully.

We can only pray for the country, the people and a peaceful conclusion to the protests. And real change to take effect, there and here. Hearts and Minds to be the changed.