Monday 10 August 2020

The odd hug.


Getting up during the night in response to some pain I was astonished to find it difficult to walk. Yesterday I wasn’t in pain at all. So where did this problem come from? I decided I’d obviously been sleeping in an odd way...but this morning it still is a problem. No doubt it will wear off once I start moving...but just at the moment moving anywhere is something I’m trying to avoid. So I’ve spent some time finding out what is going on in this diocese. Yesterday, clicking on a link I’ve used before I failed to find the service I’ve joined previously.. so I clicked onto the Truro Diocese web site. But all the usual faces were still there....nothing seems to have changed. We are an odd lot us priests. In the past I have had several phone calls from a fellow priest convinced that I needed help. I think I persuaded him that in fact I was fine because I’ve heard nothing from him for some time now. Trying to keep in touch with what’s going in this parish isn’t easy just now let alone what’s going on in the diocese. But all appears to be well. Lots of parishes are producing on line services to join in and I do dip in and out sometimes but my church is now my garden where I can pray and listen easily. I find listening is important. Silence keeps me in mentally in touch with the holy side of me...and there it still is. The moments of joy , of being aware of the goodness of God are still there despite all the odd events taking place in the world and nearer to hand.... so no church building is needed right now but I did enjoy seeing some old friends yesterday if only on line. I really am fine on my own...no need to worry about my state of mind thanks to this extraordinary way of communication without having to actually see each other..though the odd hug wouldn’t go amiss right now! Depends whose doing the hugging though!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I would offer a hug, but a virtual one will have to do. ""Hug"".

It feels strange, my church is open, but I am not in it. And won't be until September, my priority is Jen and her rehab from her stroke. This is intensive at the moment and is really tiring her. We have one day this week (today) without a visit and I was able to go and get my hair cut and to see my Osteopath. I popped into our Opticians to let them know that Jen will be unable to report for her routine eye test, unless they can visit and do it at home. No, they are unable to do that. So, I might have to try someone else, who do home visits. Her eyes have changed and she will need a proper eye test and new prescription before she returns to driving.

I hope that you are still able to communicate via video call etc, it was such a blessing that Jen had her phone with her with video calling setup by us several weeks ahead of her stroke, in a "just in case scenario".