Wednesday 23 September 2020

Lockdown! .

Oh dear.... this period is clearly going to go on for some time. The thought that we are still going to be isolated at Christmas is very worrying. After David died I have always gone away for Christmas in order to avoid heart renchng memories.....I spent the last one singing Christmas carols in hot sun in the Caribbean. This year looks very different...we are not even sure that the churches will be open. I am sure that ways around this can always be found...I have booked myself into the local hotel for instance...but a hotel in lockdown conditions is not really inviting...I hope I am getting too far ahead of myself here..what ever happens from now on we will all just have to cope. One thought does recurr though. I really wish that our Prime Minister was anyone else but Boris. He doesnt fill me with any confidence at all. So yesterday I started my shopping. The bottle club will be delivering several interesting bottles of booze by the end of the week. I have started my Christmas shopping early this year! By the time we actually get there I shall probably have drunk most of it. Oh dear...I blame it all on lockdown! That is my excuse anyway.

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

With the measures put in place for the Hospitality sector yesterday, you should be quite safe in the hotel, they will all be wearing masks and visors and you can be eating on a single table, not sharing with anyone else. Whether the hotel will be able to mark Christmas in a traditional way might be problematic, but seasonal fayre should be available.

Boris didn't impress me last night, blaming the people, rather than his and his governments incompetence is a cheap shot. Yes, some are being covididiots, but the majority are observing the rules. Which is more than can be said for many of his fellows and aides. Any one want a trip to Barnard Castle?

barb m said...

We’re not in another Lockdown you can go out wherever and whenever you want to. Pubs closing at 10 p/m won’t affect many of us I wouldn’t think. It’s becoming normal now to put on a face mask before entering a shop if we have to do that for another six months so be it.

Revjeanrolt said...

That’s is what it’s like now but who knows what it’s going to be like in the festive season?