Wednesday 23 September 2020

Shopping on line.

Some days are easier than others. I have yet to discover wether this is going to be one of those days. My main problem just now is remembering various passwords. At one point of my life one word could be used for everything...so providing I could remember it everything was fine. Now everything seems to have different words. In my diary are several passwords but trying to get them right on line is proving difficult...As everything I order on line uses a pass word it is becoming a regular test, especially if I get it wrong and have to get a new one! Several new passwords now sit in my diary. ... so the next time I need a grocery shop could be very testing indeed. This is clearly self inflicted and I should be better than I am. So as the moment when I need a new big shop approaches I find myself waking up fretting about the whole thing. Of course I could just go shopping in person...and that day is fast approaching. .....but not yet..... like everything else in my life I am putting off anything that requires me to have a good memory. Its not just my age....I have always had trouble with remembering odd words used as passwords. Writing them down now only makes it worse when a page full of odd words appears as I search for the correct one! So maybe today might not be the best one... just yet..I still have enough fresh food to get me through another few days....after which I shall have to drive down to the village..which is busy but slightly better now some of our visitors have gone home. ....but waking up to rain battering on my window I must try to shop on line if I can. Very deep sigh....Or tomorrow might be better!

3 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

This post was posted on Thursday ....not Wednesday...sorry.

Revjeanrolt said...

Since posting that everything else has gone wrong. I have no idea why. It has to do with a new iPad that I got yesterday. I have failed to set it up..and seem to have messed several other things up too. I need help. But I’m not sure how to get it. Any ideas?

UKViewer said...

Oh dear seems appropriate.

You should be able to reset the new ipad to factory status and start all over again.

I presume that once it has rebooted, you connect it to the internet to allow it to download your settings from the Apple Store and also your data. It might need new passwords, but as you set them, write them down in a fresh page of your diary and date each password, so you know which is the latest.

I got a new phone this week and all that I did was log into my gmail address on it and everything else they took care off, including downloading my settings, aps and passwords from their server. All I had to do was to confirm which apps I wanted to keep and which I wanted to be uninstalled. It took about 1 hour to have it working just as the previous phone did. This is Android rather than Apple, i Hope it works the same for you.