Friday 25 September 2020

Trumps Tower.

Every day just gets weirder! Some things that worked yesterday are not working today...its a question of how long I can go on posting stuff....only time will tell! Last night a program on the TV brought back wonderful memories of New York. David and I spent some time there before we started cruising. We liked the city. Davd had built things all over the world and was particularly intetested in this one of huge blocks along fifth Avenue.... and this was the subject of last nights program. The Trump tower drew my husband to it and last night seeing the extraordinary building through the eyes of its creator I realised once again just why David had insisted on going there. As we travelled upwards on a bright orange escalator he had stopped to look closely. The marble, was David said the most expensive in the world....As we sat drinking our Gin and tonics high in the clouds on Fifth avenue a picture of the man who had planned it all started to emerge. Last night everything that my husband said turned out to be true. At the time there was no suggestion of Trumps political ambitions ...but he was already intent on showing the world as well as New Yorkers how rich and powerful he was. I know I have seen this program before so I assume I may have written all this before too. Sorry if I have. It was a fascinating program and I can only hope my husband was watching from his cloud. He had been right. and I am glad to have had the opportunity to sip my drink in such a colourful and extraordinary place... and to have had an insight into the mind of Mr Trump. Oh well!

No comments: