Tuesday 22 September 2020

Ordinary Life!

Well this is getting boring isnt it? Nothing much is happening here. The roads are quieter now so some of our visitors have gone home but we are still busier than usual. My cleaner arrived yesterday and brought news of whats going on outside. Nothing much was the answer. The house next door, a holiday let has got new people with wonderful gleaming bikes on top of their car. Within an hour of arriving the bikes were unpacked and off they went. Wonderful! it reminded me of my time in Essex when I rode my bike everywhere. But Essex was flat. Cornwall isnt...which is why my bike didnt come with me. I did enjoy seeing the new visitors riding swiftly off yesterday though. I hope they have a good holiday. For the rest of us life simply goes on...Staying safe in my own home is not difficult. I talk to people on the phone though the need to communicate has receded mostly...this blog keeps people aware that I am still alive...mostly. I really dont need to be going out to find friends...my ordinary life was very quiet before all this descended upon us.... and that is the way I like it. Its safe! There are a couple of friends arriving in a week or so...but I really dont mind my own company. This way I dont worry about picking up the bug. I just get on with my normal life...the more ordinary the better right now.

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Ordinary is good and safe. Your isolation is protecting you against the virus, and I commend you for it. With what is going on at the present time, increasing infections and hospitalization of many, and increasing deaths, you are the template for the Governments rush back to lock down measures announced yesterday. The reduction of numbers who can attend a wedding after 28th September has obliged a couple due to be married after that date, to bring their wedding forward to this Friday in our Parish Church, they will at least just beat the deadline.

Sometimes I wonder if the government actually know what they're doing? Because their relaxation and than reintroduction of lockdown measures is confusing, particularly as different rules apply to different parts of the UK. Devolution places power away from Westminster, but the devolved governments have seemed to be doing things last minute, just as Westminster has for England.

Mistakes have and are continuing to be made, which if you are someone who has lost a family y member as a consequence, you might feel that an Inquiry is needed, and how many of our current leaders will be found wanting.

There is something about we get the leaders we deserve, but that labels us all as incompetent or misguided at the least. I hope that we can overcome this virus and that people have some restoration, particularly those who've lost their jobs or livelihoods in the pandemic.