Monday 26 October 2020

A Holiday?

When all this started I realised that this year I would not be able to go off on any cruises or anything else for that matter. So I booked myself into one of the good hotels instead. For a few days it would be an escape from my solitary life. Its this week. There is another one to cover Christmas but the first one is this week! Oh dear. I am strangely reluctant to leave my home. When I booked this I imagined that by this time I would be yearning for some company but the truth is that I am now used to being alone most of the time. And I might hate being organised by the hotel. But I do have to go. So today I have got my bag out and packed the undies. The first step for any time away from home since the cruise where I forgot my nighty and had to sleep in a very big T shirt. So I will be going. I think. At the very least there should be other people to talk to...and three meals a day will make a change...It is frightengly expensive . Its nearly as much as a cruise...so hopefully I will find people to chat to...whilst I enjoy looking out to sea and walking the beach. So today I have to think about what to leave out of my bag. I wont need the ball gowns..Leaving the dog collar at home seems a good idea too. I dont set off for a couple of days...time to give it some thought... Oh dear!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

What an adventure. New place, new people and always the option to escape home if it gets to overwhelming. I hope you remember all and are able to post a few blog posts trusting that they have wifi.

I love the idea of escaping for a few days, but know it is unrealistic for me. Jen is back to work and needs transport for now, so I will be busy with church stuff as well.

I hope and pray that all goes well when you start your stay away holiday.