Friday 23 October 2020

Boring!

I am awake rather late because for the last hour or so I have closed my eyes and refused to join in..... its all horrid....and I would much rather be asleep. However I am not. And it is still rather awfull wherever you look. Here in Cornwall we feel cut off from the worst of it...well I do mostly. But its still impossble to feel any sort of joy in life with any degree of security. .... who knows what lies ahead? My life is easy compared to many. I have enough to eat and I am definately drinking more than usual...Last night I had a long conversation on the phone with my daughter in law which cheered me . She works in a nearbye town and keeps me up to date with the way of life away from rural Cornwall. Here in my small corner there are only four houses and one of them is unoccupied. The children next door go to school every day...everything appears normal.....and this cheers me. I have no idea why.....except that normal is good. I am indulging in all sorts of ways...drinking too much, eating enough, walking several times a day and watching stuff on the TV I would never have bothered with in the past. Life is boring...but safe. So be it!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean. ‘Boring but safe’ sounds just grand! What delights have you discovered on TV? During this time of less social activity I am enjoying quiz shows! Keeping the little grey cells active! 😊
Take care x

UKViewer said...

You are alone and sounded a bit depressed at the start of the post, but later sounded more cheerful. You acknowledge how fortunate you are, as I know that we are also. I hope that you can maintain the interest in life you showed later. I can't tut, tut anything as I have had a busy 24 hours taking Jen to and from Hospitals for appointment, all in London, which is my nightmare driving in. At least our weekend is clear, apart from our APCM on Sunday. Keep your spirits up, whether temporal or physical - Hic.