Thursday 22 October 2020

Memories. !

Oh dear. I looked at todays date and shuddered. The twenty second of October is a date to dread. Too many deaths, too many birthdays, too many doomed events have ocurred on this date. Oh dear. When I married David I found that this date had significance for him too. So today is a day for keeping my head down. That I have been doing that for weeks doesnt matter. I have slept later than usual...mostly because I was awake during the night for a couple of hours. Its amazing what you can find on the radio during the night. This morning its still darkish at eight oclock. Its not inviting outside. But its warm in the house.... with food in the fridge and bottles of booze in the sideboard....so I have nothing to concern me apart from the date! But as an ancient Astrolger I find old significant dates worrying. So today I must throw this worry away. Its clearly just daft to think that any date carries its own problems with it. But I wont be going far today. Actually I wont be leaving the house and garden. Lots of memories, lots of actual joy for the memories of my children fill my heart. On this day fifty odd years ago I gave birth.... I was one of the fortunate ones for whom giving birth was a joy as well as a pain. The memories are good...as well as miserable. So on I go...no other choice...but today will be full of old joys and pains .....I just have to focus on the good ones!

1 comment:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean. Will think of you over the day and hope you will return to bed having created some new memories to cherish in the future.
Take care