Saturday 24 October 2020

Dark morning!

Its dark and gloomy outside this morning...so as its Saturday I may as well stay in bed. Its remarkable how much guilt that sentence produces. Its not easy these days to pretend that everything is normal when its clearly not. I got a phone call from my doctor yesterday and it was a chatty pleasant few moments until he told me that the tests from my visit the week before were all normal. I had forgotten all about the tests...but realised belatedy that this was actually good news. When my husband was in his last month this doctor was the one I saw most often . He visited David almost every day , far more often than I expected and was always pleasantly chatty. Its very reassuring now that he took the trouble to phone me and I suppose this will be true for everyone else too. If a visit to the doctor can be conducted by phone now and in the future then this is a way of us not breathing on each other clearly. I have no plans to go out today. I am not expecting anyone here and that is fine. I will use the phone I suppose...but being alone has now become normal for me. Its fine...I can do this especially as the gloom outside pervades. The radio is company enough for now. And I am watching more television than ever before... So be it. Its not all rubbish...the daily news from Boris is now required viewing...the scary numbers on the screen show me why we are all living strange lives. How long this can go on I dont know but I suspect we are all in this for months yet. OK...we can all do this. Hopefully!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean, bed seemed compelling to me as well! But I’m up, have walked the dog and am finishing my coffee whilst listening to the radio!
Nothing much planned here apart from hoping my football team (Ipswich Town) can get back to winning ways when I listen later.
Glad your tests were all normal!!
Take care

UKViewer said...

As always, I am late to the party. Yesterday was busy with shopping & stuff. Today, Sunday is our much delayed APCM. Having left the PCC 2 years ago, i am standing again to be the Deanery Synod Representative. I thought it would be less busy than being a full PCC member. I am to Preach on Remembrance Sunday and will lead the short service at the War Memorial as well. So, a sermon to write which will included the Pandemic and how will we remember this in times to come.