Saturday 28 November 2020

Boring?

Sorry if this is getting boring but really nothing much is happening both in my life and all around me.I am thankful that my heating is working well now and that going outside I am in no danger of being knocked over by wind. The weather is quite mild and pleasant so going out to walk is a daily pleasure. I am fortunate in having a tall house sitting high above a meadow leading down to the sea. Falmouth is just across the sea and continues to be quite busy so there is always something to look at over there. From my back windows I see the church spire in the village where I used to live and beyond the spire is the village I know best. I am very fortunate in several different ways I know...and gazing outwards is one of my daily joys. Now the large cruise ship, The World, has gone from Falmouth lots of smaller boats are coming and going....there is always something to watch. But life is still rather dull because none of the people I see most of are here right now. They have all gone home. On the occasional phone call I am surprised to find them feeling sorry for me! I dont feel any sense of being lonely. In fact some of the stuff I am finding on the TV at night is surprising me daily. I dont feel left behind.....theres still a lot to do. So I had better just get on with it!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean. Looking out to sea is always fascinating isn’t it. I have only loved on the coast for a short time and that was during a very harsh winter! And it was the North Sea!. It was close to Felixstowe so plenty of shipping to ponder about.
Take care

UKViewer said...

We don't have the sea close, but we are close to the Thames Estuary and If I really stretch my neck out of the front top windows I can see down the hill to what used to be a very busy industrial riverside and the Thames itself. All of that has gone and it has all been overtaken with gentrified housing replacing the warehouses and wharfs. But we have a Pier, which is the longest in Kent and in past decades sea going ships including Cruise ships used to moor there and take on and let of passengers as well as cargo.

Sadly, the world has changed and an industrial, maritime heritage is claimed more by Greenwich and Woolwich up river, while we moulder away. But we are aware of our Fishing Heritage as there is a huge fish on the main roundabout to the port. Further along there is a roundabout with a huge horse on it, a memorial to the huge traveller community who used to live on the Belvedere Marshes. Now still here,l but hidden as they all have big houses. But many still go off in the summer on their travels.