Friday 27 November 2020

Drinking as a hobby!

I woke late after a good nights sleep . So things are not all bad. My first action was to get dressed and go outside to walk the garden. In the early morning light everything looks beautiful and normal. I then have to remind myself that actually nothing is normal. Downstairs I made a coffee and sat down to drink it... getting my head around daily lfe is getting harder. I just want everything to go back to normal...or whats normal for me anyway. This does not seem possible right now. And yet I am one of the fortunate ones. My life now is not very different from what Ive grown used to. At some stage I must phone the local hotel to make sure that I am still booked in for Christmas because nothing thing feels dependable at all. The pile of cards waiting to be written sits on my desk. So I have to remind myself that its still November... plenty of time...in theory...and thats part of the problem. Lacking the need to do anything of substance it would be very easy to just drift..aimlessly along which is what in essence I am doing. Checking my fridge I have enough food because I am not eating much in all this period of apparent waiting...though I have no idea what I am waiting for. I seem to have enough booze in various places to keep me happy whilst watching the TV in the evening. If I end up as a slightly drunk old woman watching rubbish every night so be it...hic!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Surely there is more that you could do, even if to pop to the next village for something or other, which might provide the opportunity to meet or greet someone you know on the street or in a shop, even the post office to buy stamps for the cards you are waiting to send. Ringing the Hotel is a good idea, because by the time Christmas comes, they might not be open is your area moves up a Tier among the new, revised, more restrictive tiers.

So, while you may appear to have plenty time, with the help of alcohol, it might slip past very quickly?

Watching rubbish TV isn't a drama. Currently watching recordings of Father Brown, harmless crime from the lazy, hazy days of the fifties.