Monday 1 March 2021

Not normal life!

Monday morning and I have already been into the kitchen and groaned. I had a grocery delivery last night. I managed to get all the cool stuff into the fridge but the rest is waiting to find a safe place before my cleaner arrives. Getting a delivery on Sunday night is just daft but it was the only one available two weeks ago. It is mostly all safely away now and I have the joy of knowing that I have enough to eat for a while. This daft situation we are all in is making me do stupid things I wouldnt have done before....honestly! My cleaner will shortly arrive to find the kitchen still littered with tins and packets so I have to find places for them too. No doubt if she is short of anything I will of course donate it to a good home! The thing missing this morning is the loud crowing of the resident cock! So far its all been very quiet so maybe the late delivery frightened him! I do hope he will turn up later...Ive got used to him now. The whole period we are living through is not mormal life...but it is life! Lets be glad about that....with or without a big bird!

1 comment:

Martha's Sister said...

Good evening Jean. Glad to read you are well stocked up with provisions. It’s a good feeling isn’t it!
I’ve been doing a weekly ‘Click and Collect’ from the supermarket and it always feels good when the fridge and fruit bowl are full again!
Did the cockerel return?
Hope you’ve had a good day. It’s been bitterly cold here. Quite a shock to the system after the springlike weather at the weekend.