Tuesday 2 March 2021

Still locked down!

Well..I am getting fed up with the lack of any personal news! This is fast becoming my own account of lockdown. That I dont like it must be obvious by this time but I am coping with it! Small events become huge! Tiny tears do fall occasionally but not for long. I grieve for those worse off than me, for those who are sick and alone, for those whose savings are fast being consumed by necessity. Several phone calls from around the parish have alerted me to some sad stories which I cant repeat but my phone is in full use in the evening when people imagine me to be missing company! If I tell them that that is what the television is for I am not believed but for me it is true. Ive never seen so much rubbish in my life but its all good for keeping me in touch with the rest of the world. I have watched Coronation St off and on for years but now its joined by other soaps as I gradually adjust to not having actual people to talk to daily. I can and will cope! I didnt get to my advanced old age without facing some hard times. And this time isnt hard...we have enough to eat and drink...we are not cold or wet! We are boringly safe for the most part! So on we go! Waiting to see what lockdown has in store for me today is always interesting. I wave at any passers by...but stay off the road outside ! I havnt seen the big bird for a couple of days. I hope he is safe! Sorry if this is boring....I can always invent stuff if all alse fails!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Today is lime most other days in Lockdown. I made a quick visit to the Supermarket this morning at 7 am, when it opened. No crowds, in and out in 10 minutes with the few essentials needed.

Then put up new curtains at the front and rear of the house on two floors, eight windows in all. Surprising how much light new curtains and nets allow in, the tired old ones are at least 20 years old and have seen good service. We will having had them cleaned donate them to a company that recycles materials for use in craft activities.

I don't see you as boring, but someone who has survived a rich and varied life, which you are still living out. A vocation to the Priest Hood, which while lapsed through no fault of yours, still forms your care for others, evident from your post today.

I will pray for some human interaction for you, perhaps a builder or two to do your repairs.