Monday 8 March 2021

Refuse!

Heres a puzzle... its one I have referred to before but its Monday morning again! We have to put our dustbins out on Sunday bcause the collection is very early on Monday morning. So I did! All of my bins have disappeared..One by one...so its getting harder. A neighbour told me she had bought her bins and they are all labelled with her name. So I rang the refuse department to also buy some. They told me they never sell them...there should be enough for us all. So this morning I was out early. Five boxes clearly labelled had been collected already. The puzzle was they all had the same name! One of the homes here had got the boxs for all four houses labelled with their own name. OK.I am now aware of the nature of the problem. So from now on I shall join in. This is just daft after many years of easy refuse collection with no problems...and of course the people who got the blame were holiday makers But I now know the truth I am afraid. .I dont like this situation but having spoken to the refuse collection officer I do now realise why there are five boxes with my neighbours name on them and no one else has one....

5 comments:

Bob Collis said...

Oops.
Time for a neighbourly chat?
Or ignore it and accept some people are selfish and greedy.
Take care Jean.
At least you now know what has happened.

Bob Collis said...

Another thought.
Each bin has a serial number on it.
The Council should have details of the ones listed for you address.
It could be worthwhile contacting them and asking.
If they can provide you with this information then you can check which ones are yours.

Revjeanrolt said...

There are four houses here...sharing the same point. I have asked the council and they confirmed we all shared the same number.

Bob Collis said...

Right
If your happy with that then problem solved.

UKViewer said...

Our council replaces all off our bins regularly, it seems with different recycling schemes in place. The last time they house numbered the three new bins and did away with boxes. We have four. One for paper, cardboard etc, another for plastics, tins and packaging, another for general waste and yet another for garden waste and a small bin for food waste. Collecting different coloured bins every other week. Their latest scheme is popular, because you know exactly by the colour of the bin, and finally we have got rid of the situation where bins are left out on the pavement higgedly piggly as in the past. They actually return your bin, to your doorstep. I still wonder why we have so many different schemes. Here every council does things differently, surely it makes sense for a national scheme to be in place in the interests of uniformity.