Wednesday 14 April 2021

Jobs End.

The men arrived very early and I got dressed hastily! I have already been out and talked to them...accompanied by several very vocal cocks . The men were already on the roof when I saw them and when the boss arrived we stood and watched their progress as they prepared the wall for the next event. They are going to paint it to match the rest of the house! A discusion took place as to the colour to match it! After all that I came in to check my bank account to make sure I can cover it. I can but there wont be much left! We are now at the stage where we can exchange the odd joke...and are all on first name terms. " Better ask Jean" one of them told the boss when colours were being discussed. At the start of this enterprise I never guessed how it would finish. But the truth is they have been good to have around and I will miss them when they go! But it has changed my mind on my old age activities. I will not go into the old peoples home in the next village whilst I can get around here. Walking the garden every day is keeping me fit! And in the absence of going to church I will let it be known that some visitors would be welcome too. Last time I said that I got rather too many but after this week of having people around all the time I know I can cope! So its an ill wind that blows no one any good. Another truth it seems!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean, pleased to read your blog today. It sounds as if the building work may be coming to an end if paint colours are being discussed! 🌈
Having a friend or two round for a cup of tea in the garden may be the best way to get to see folk. Currently we are allowed to have up to five friends round outside only. But that’s lovely if the weather is warm and dry! Hope something can be arranged. It’s good to catch up with friends in real life rather than just on the phone!
Hope the rest of the day is going well.

UKViewer said...

Your will be finished before ours. Our builder had a family tragedy and had to fly back to Ireland with his wife for a funeral.

He will be back on the job and has guaranteed it will be finished and the scaffolding down and gone by the end of the day on Saturday. There is some snagging to be done in the garden, but overall we've been pleased with his work, and he is picking up jobs on two other residents here and if I give his details too our Vicar, he might be working on our Church Roof before long, we have an urgent repair to be done before winter.

I am glad that your worry and anxiety is over and that you can afford the work being done - just. We have been fortunate to have the wherewithal to have our work done. Next will be a new Kitchen, but we need a break of a few months before going down that route.