Tuesday 13 April 2021

Lovely morning!

Another beautiful morning and Ive been out to greet the men already! Standing looking downward I see the church spire of Gerrans church against the blue of the sea. it is worth getting up for. I was joined this morning by one of the blokes. He pointed to the spire and told me its name. "I was ordained in that church" I said, He was visibly shocked and I realised that during this period I hadnt once worn my dog collar! The chaps didnt know I was a priest. Slowly over the last week they have become allies. They are now on my side and make sure I know it. So if the intention was to make me feel useless it hasnt worked. I can live with what they are doing and hopefully for a long time. I intend to be around for years yet! My house is warm and comfortable...no need to move.... my car, an amcient Merc still starts and runs when I need it too. I had always thought I would move to a less remote home but now I dont want to. I get on with my neighbours...and their birds...My home still has the lift I put in for David when he couldnt manage the stairs. I will start using it myself eventually. So no need to move....this episode has made me realise...I am fine here...and the views are truly spectacular!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean
Thank you for your blog this morning. I hope you continue to have a good day

UKViewer said...

Wow, Jean, a complete turnaround for you in 24 hours. It's wonderful what a bright and sunny start for a day will do.

I am pleased that you have connected with the guys working, if not with those who are directing them. But you sound a lot more contented today than of late, so I will keep the prayers coming.