Saturday 8 May 2021

Election Day.

Yesterday went better than I imagined! It was simple. I drove to the next village on quiet roads , parked easily next to the polling booth and voted. Simple! On coming home I reflected that much of the supposed trauma was in my mind. So I will not allow that to happen again. Oddly my gardener was there at the same time and he grinned when he saw me. On arriving home I found him cutting the grass and he stayed on for an hour when he should have gone home to make up for the time when he had gone to vote! I did not expect this of him but he is clearly a man of honour. Today is dark and grey again after a few days of sun but all feels well. Down here I am used to no one Ive voted for ever getting in..... it would be a shock if they did but old habits die hard. I am nor suprised by how badly Labour are doing..but I am a bit sad that a party I joined when I was sixteen is now almost a lost cause! But then its not the same party despite its name! Nothing I could think of would change thst probably but its still feels very strange to me. ... but so do lots of things these days!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I am glad you were able to vote. We use postal voting, a hangover from our military past, when we were often deployed when voting took place.

We probably miss the excitement of actually going to the polling booth, but I have only once in my life voted that way.

Not sure about who got what, I have deliberately ignored the TV and news about elections. So be it.