Tuesday 11 May 2021

Soaps

It is another glorious day out there...I have walked the garden already but without the cock this morning. I hope he is alright...Ive got used to him shouting at me as I go! I am not expecting anyone today but thats fine. I am used to it now. There really isnt much to report...life in rural Cornwall goes on as it always has done. I saw no sign of all these visitors when I went out. ... it all looked pretty normal to me. Listening to the news this morning I heard that many of the restrictions will be lifted soon. I cant say if thst will affect me.... my life is already pretty quiet! I am getting to grips with my new TV but slowly. I think I have got various channels sorted out now but the rest are mysteries. Last night I spent some time looking for some soaps ..none of the ways of reaching them are apparent . I almost gave up at one stage but unwilling to allow a machine to take charge of my viewing habits I persevered....and lo...there was Coronation Street! Thank goodness for something familiar.... eventually I will be familiar with it all and at least there is something to watch on these long summer evenings on my own! I have never felt totally alone before but I am and watching the familiar soaps on the TV are saving my sanity now!

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I am glad that you are managing to get to grips with your new TV, I have to admit that I haven't watched a Soap for years, albeit, I know that they do exist and give lots of pleasure to some. I have to admit that my viewing is restricted to more real life programs than Soaps. Call the Midwife, Family Tree programs and The Repair Shop are just a few of the "must see" list, but not much more.

Still praying for your welfare in your isolation with a TV.

Revjeanrolt said...

You may remember that I grew up up In one of those streets. It’s very familiar territory.