Friday 23 July 2021

Good morning!

Gosh its hot. I slept well though...and getting dressed was easy, I am not wearing much! I spend a few moments every morning reading old posts....This morning I read an account of my arrival in Iceland about ten years ago. Gosh I was a very forunate woman! It feels strange that we arrived in intense cold and my first outing involved my swimming in the Blue Lagoon. I still remember the shock on entering the icy cold water...if only .....but its no good wishing for anything other than this present heat! The sun is not out just now and it feels quite normal...almost pleasant! I have no plans at all...there is food in the fridge to last at least another week so all is well. Keeping this blog up to date is my first job every morning and reading old posts takes me out of this present situation. I am always shocked by how far I travelled in the past...What was easy then seems impossible now. Just staying at home and being safe is the most important thing. If an opportunity to travel turned up I would probably turn it down. My desire to travel has been replaced by the desire to stay at home! Outside isnt too bad just now...theres no sun so I think having a stroll would be a good idea before it all gets hot again!

2 comments:

Emmy. said...

Just keep blogging, it is always good to read. Stay safe and enjoy the
cooler weather, at least it is here.

Bob Collis said...

Totally agree with Emmy.
Always a good read.